They say an athlete dies twice—the first when they retire.
Years of work, years of sacrifice, and years of competing—literally, years of blood, sweat, and tears—come to a conclusion. There is no doubt that the termination of a career in sports is a significant time in an athlete’s life. The adjustment includes a change not only in self-perception, social environment, emotions, and relationships, but also in nutrition and exercise.
The preparation for a healthy life beyond sports comes in all the years of competition. Learning how to eat for sports provides a good base of understanding on how it should change once they conclude. Understanding how to train correctly for your sport and position will help provide you with knowledge on how to exercise for recreation. There are many tools that can be developed early to help ease the transition—and my goal is to help provide them for young athletes, teams, and college programs.
$540 total (2 months)
– Five 45-minute sessions every other week for support in sport-specific nutrition to improve strength, energy, and focus.
– Copy of Katie’s book, The Athlete After: A 10-Week Guide to Balancing Life After Sports, as well as other tools for success.
– Natural, plant-based and clinically proven products to boost energy levels and fight fatigue; nutrients for optimal physical strength and endurance; joint comfort and ease of movement; and highly bio-available protein, complex carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
– Univera’s Metabolic Shift Deluxe Pack at wholesale price, free shipping, and a 90-day money-back guarantee
– Nutritional guidelines, as well as macro suggestions and tweaks as-needed based on your results
– Two vegan meal-replacement shakes per day (chocolate or vanilla), as well as access to other quality high protein, low carbohydrate foods
– Custom workouts based on your schedule and equipment (even if you’re working out from home)
– Easy-to-use platform to upload progress photos, measurements, weigh ins, and more to track results
– In-app messaging for easy communication and support from me, certified personal trainer and health coach
Joint discomfort, reduced mobility, and inflammation
Lack of energy (over-caffeinated and stressed)
In addition, the recovering post-sport athlete typically suffers from chronic pain after years of training and stress. I struggled most with back pain. I was trying everything from chiropractic care, massage, and acupuncture. I continually searched for
natural relief and started investigating natural products that could aid in the issues my clients and I experienced daily.
Thanks to the advice of fellow health coaches and trainers, I was introduced to the science of Univera. I found that Univera offered patented, plant-based formulas that quickly enhance cellular repair while decreasing cellular damage. I began recommending these products to clients with tremendous success. They were motivated to continue working out rather than feeling worn out. They soon reported improved joint-comfort and flexibility, increase mental clarity and focus, handled stress better, had improved digestive health, and more.
Whether current athletes are looking for faster recovery, post-sport athletes are looking to manage discomfort, or a client is simply looking to increase their metabolic health and reduce the affects of aging, Univera products provide many benefits in helping my clients reach their health and fitness goals.
For more information, visit univera.com/katiehargrave.