As we start the new year, you are no doubt thinking about what you would like to accomplish (and if you aren’t, then you should be!). After all – how do get where you want to be without knowing where you want to go? Many may have New Year’s Resolutions, but it can also be helpful to put together images that represent your goals and intentions for this year.
Creating a vision board is an extremely effective way at influencing your mind and harnessing your intentions. You can choose images that represent actions, words, products, or places that represent what you want in your life. Keep it in a place where you will see it daily to remind you what you are working toward, and ultimately strengthen your decision-making process.
How to Create a Vision Board:
- Take time to think about your goals, and your timeline. Are these short or long-term goals? Are these goals for the next three months, six months, year? I personally created a board for the new year. Envision what you want to achieve within this timeline, and what you desire your life to look like. Write them down.
- After your goals are clear, find images that represent these goals and intentions. They can be from magazines, photo albums, online, or your own drawings. To make it easy, I grabbed most of my images and quotes from online and put together my board digitally.
- Supplement images with quotes or words. Use vibrant colors to enhance the emotion of these pieces.
- Display your vision board in a place that you will see daily, like above your computer screen, in your office, on your mirror, on the refrigerator, or on the front of your planner or binder. You can also take a digital photo to be the background of your phone or tablet.
- Meditate on the images for a few minutes each day. As they come to a reality, acknowledge your success with check marks, stamps, or stickers. Give yourself the satisfaction of completion!
Below is my Vision Board for this year. I’m putting it on my mirror, on the inside of my planner, and as the background on my phone. Have fun!